Monday, July 30, 2007

What's for Dinner?

For the last few months, I've scoured 45 miles of Jersey coast to find the best places to eat, from pancakes to ice cream, crab cakes to steaks and back again. Yet it's dinner time and I have no idea where to go.

Sad, isn't it? Part of the problem is that I'm tired, bordering on exhausted. I don't want to drive far, but I don't want more junk food. I could go back to an old favorite, but shouldn't I be headed to a new-to-me-restaurant so I can combine my work and play (and count it as a tax deduction to boot)? Plus, I'm still a bit full from lunch at Pink Cadillac Diner (609-522-8288, 3801 Atlantic Avenue, Wildwood), which has the best BLT I've tasted since starting my shore research. It's a fun place, too -- enough so that it'll get a post of its own in due time.

I think the big winner is going to be The Mirage (7888 Dune Drive, Avalon, 609-368-5133). It's in my notes as a place to check out. I walked by the restaurant/bar before, which is part of Desert Sand Resort -- the menu online looks good, and I know it has a bar. Hopefully, the Phillies game will be on, and I don't want a repeat of what happened a few weeks ago.

What I'm listening to: Friend and Foe by Menomena.

Digg this

No comments: