Friday, September 21, 2007

Irish Eyes are Smiling

Last night was the start of Irish Weekend in North Wildwood. This year marks the 16th anniversary of the event, which, from what I hear, is tamer than in years past. Yes, you can bring the family and not worry about too many drunks stumbling across your path. Unless you're out at night. In that case, it's expected. I'm going down late for the festivities -- Saturday -- and will be wearing my green tank top (and probably hoisting at least one pint of Guinness).

The Courier Post did a pretty good job summing up the events (though I'm not sure I agree with the hotel situation). Check it out here. If you're going, expect crowds. Lots of them.

And the sun. It's going to feel very summery this weekend, which is why me and the boyfriend are going to hit the beach before changing into our green garb (yes, after a shower -- I don't want to stink up the bar). Is Sunday really the first day of fall? Depends on how you look at it. Still summer for me, it seems!

What I'm Listening to: Music for the Morning After by Pete Yorn.

Digg this

No comments: