Monday, September 3, 2007

T Minus One Day: Laboring on Labor Day

Is it already September? Is my book really due tomorrow? My calendar doesn't lie -- today is September 3, and I'm seeing the light at the end of this tunnel.

I'm feeling okay. I looked at the manuscript over the weekend and saw that it's almost done, and that I shouldn't be hyper about anything. My mad dash of work earlier last week pushed me through most of what still needed to be done. Today I'm reading the book "cover to cover" and finishing up the map information, plus finalizing the pictures and picture captions. Tomorrow I'll give the book one more quick overview -- I don't want to get too bogged down in the text that I've already read a dozen times. Tomorrow's run through will check formatting only.

I came home from the shore yesterday, and it was a dazzling weekend. The weather was beautiful, and the water warm enough to swim in. I wish that guy near me hadn't started smoking a cigar Saturday afternoon or I would have stayed on the beach longer. Why would he light up in a crowded area with kids all around? That's one thing I'll never get.

Anyway, I'm done with Atlantic City and am going to plow south through the rest of the book. Enjoy you Labor Day!

What I'm Listening to: Wincing the Night Away by The Shins.

Digg this

No comments: