Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In the Inlet

Last night, I hoofed it down to Somers Point for a party at the Inlet (998 Bay Avenue, Somers Point, 609-926-9611), the latest restaurant from Marty Grims, who also owns the Moshulu in Philadelphia and Plantation and Daddy-O in Long Beach Island. I wrote about Grims and his various shore properties for the fall issue of Inside Magazine, which is why I'm guessing I was invited.

I like the Inlet. I spent a lot of the summer testing pizza parlors, Italian restaurants and more pizza parlors (which is why I still haven't worked off my 'book weight'), so the Inlet was nice to grab a bite to eat a place that's a little more upscale without being pretentious.

I didn't know what I was expecting last night -- certainly not spending a half hour to find parking. The place was packed, more so than I ever thought it would be in October. After getting jammed up against the bar by a few ladies doing their best Sex in the City impersonations, I escaped to the outdoor deck -- the weather was perfect for enjoying the live band and a glass of wine while watching the bay shimmy by. If you visit during the day, it has great views of the causeway, or Route 52, reconstruction. Yes, I'm from a construction family, so such things interest me.

What I'm Listening to: Preston & Steve on 93.3 WMMR.

Digg this

No comments: