Friday, August 7, 2009

A Wild Ride

My favorite Scotsman Jack Wright has just published a book called A Wild Ride: The Story of Morey's Piers, Plant Earth's Greatest Seaside Amusement Park. It's about the 40 years the Morey family has ruled rides on the Wildwood boardwalk.

It's a fantastic book -- I reviewed it for NJmonthly.com. I also wrote about it in today's Metro, but I can't find it online. Sigh.

I'm finally back to the beach this weekend, heading down to Sea Isle Saturday afternoon through Monday morning. I can't even tell you how excited I am. All I want to do is sit on that beach chair. Unfortunately, there won't be much summer yet. Sigh again. Get the sun while you can!

**UPDATE** You can see a scan of the Metro article here.

Digg this

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny because I agree with Leigh! Dante's Inferno is a bit intimidating. In fact there are numerous rides along the boardwalk that are scary...yes this is coming from a 25 year old haha.

ill.cut.you said...

i was just in Wildwood and they sell this book at the Morey Pier store right under the Sea Serpent, they are even signed by Will Morey!