Friday, March 26, 2010

Ocean Drive Weekend

Time to add another pig to the shelf.

Sunday is the Ocean Drive Marathon/10 miler/5k. Despite the hip injury, I AM STILL RUNNING. I have no idea how long it'll take me to complete those 10 miles. My dream of placing in my age bracket this year is dead, and this might be my slowest OD10 ever. But I'm going to get that medal, and buy another pig for the shelf (I write my time on the tag), even if I run/walk/run the entire way.

Bonus this year: I'm bringing Emily. Well, not on the run, but we're staying overnight at the Bill Mae Cottage, which is a B&D: Bed & Dog. They gave me marching orders, too: Must be in Cape May in time for happy hour.

It'll be chilly Saturday, but Emily loves running on the beach in any weather. After the race, my mom will take Emily home so I can stay another night - this time in Wildwood - and work Sunday and Monday.

Digg this

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Bill Mae Cottage looks great. Are dogs allowwed on the boardwalk/beach? What about Sunset Beach?

Jen A. Miller said...

Off season is pretty much anything goes. In season, dogs are allowed on the Delaware side beaches lik Sunset and Higbee - Emily and I go to Higbee.