Friday, July 15, 2011

Jersey Shore Fact of the Day 74: You CAN watch World Cup down the shore

Sunday is the women's World Cup Final: USA vs. Japan. I don't care how nice a beach day it's going to be, but I will be glued to the TV watching this match.

Here's where you can go to watch the game while you're down the shore:

Atlantic City: Game On. It's OK if you roll your eyes. This place is big and crowded and packed for big sporting events, but that is exactly where I want to be for a game like this (and where I will be, in fact. More on that later). You can't get more TVs in one spot down the shore.

Sea Isle: O'Donnell's Pour House. Good beer selection, big TVs, right near the heart of Sea Isle.

Avalon: I have two. First, the Princeton. Second, the Concord Cafe. The Princeton will have plenty of space, whether you want to sit or stand. I prefer the cozy feel of the Concord - but only if I have a seat.

Wildwood: The Shamrock. Space to stand, sit, play pool, whatever you want around the oval bar with plenty of TVs to watch the game.

Cape May: Cabanas or the Ugly Mug. Both have plenty of TVs and good bars with decent beer selections. I assume both will be packed.

I will be at Game On with the dude, who is very VERY conflicted about who he should cheer for. He's Japanese-American, and I understand his dilemma. He'll be wearing his team Japan jersey. I sorta tried to find a U.S. Women's jersey but no luck, so I'll probably just be sporting red white and blue.

Sunday is the first day of my shore vacation - HOORAY! It'll be split between Atlantic City and Avalon this year with a dash of Cape May thrown in. I. CAN'T. WAIT. I've pre-written next week's facts of the day, so hope you enjoy them while I'm doing absolutely nothing.

Digg this

2 comments:

shann said...

For Sea Isle, you gotta go to Dead Dog for the game. The bar owner is a soccer nut and everyone in the bar will be actively cheering for the game. Great atmosphere for watching soccer!

Crusader Resort said...

For Wildwood, there are much better places than the Shamrock. I prefer Goodnight Irene's for any big game: multiple TVs, diverse crowd, good food, great craft beer selection.