Monday, September 24, 2007

Housekeeping

A few housekeeping notes:

-I wrote an article about Smithville, NJ (which is right outside of Atlantic City) for the October issue of NJ Monthly. If you're a subscriber, you should have already gotten that issue in the mail. I'll post a link once the article is online.

-Irish Weekend was fun. It was entirely too crowded on Saturday night to get into any of the more popular bars (and I wasn't too jazzed about paying a $5 cover), so we ended up at Casey's on Third (301 New York Avenue, North Wildwood, 609-522-7759), which had a band and a lot of people watching the Phillies game. Then we headed to Owen's Pub (17th Avenue, North Wildwood, 609-729-7290), which allowed a little more breathing room, another Irish band, and plenty more people watching. I didn't see the parade, but did see the Clydesdales walk by the house where me and the boyfriend were staying. Damn, they're big animals.

-Not shore-related, but still cool: Rachel Weingarten, author of Career and Corporate Cool, is running a fab contest on her blog. If you buy a copy of her book on September 25 (that would be tomorrow) between 9 am and 5 pm, send your online receipt to backtocool@careerand corporatecool.com, and you'll be qualified to win a slew of cool prizes, including iTunes and Sephora gift certificates, magazine subscriptions, gift baskets from Phyto and so much more. Check out more info here. I'm not qualified because I already read the book -- highly recommend it to anyone looking to kick start their career, or give their own corporate life a kick in the rear (helped me out when re-evaluating my goals). And the book is not a boring business book, so check it out!

What I'm Listening to: The Weight is a Gift by Nada Surf.

Digg this

No comments: