Thursday, November 18, 2010

More on Miss America

I have a weird fascination with Miss America. When I was writing the book, they were in limbo between Atlantic City and Las Vegas, and before their headquarters moved out of the Sheraton Atlantic City, I got the chance to tour their offices which - surprise surprise - were very girly.

That why I'm making a post about this piece in the Press of Atlantic City rather than just putting it in a news round up.

WHY DO I CARE?! WHY DOES ANYONE CARE?!

If you have any insights - or feel the same way - hit up the comments.

Speaking of dressing up, I'm going to the Meridian Gala at Ocean Place in Long Branch on Saturday. No, I will not be wearing a tiara.

Digg this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being a born and raised AC native I grew up w/ the parade as a kick off to the pagent week. seems T.Lamains comment being a win win sounds ok. would love to see the pagent back in AC (tradition). But if Vegas is it so be it AC has moved on!