Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jersey Shore Music News

I was in Asbury Park on Friday as, yes, Bruce Springsteen was filming a music video. News came out shortly after this that his next album, Wrecking Ball, will be out in March. Here's "We Take Care of Our Own," the first single from that album:



Chills. Seriously - chills. Great song (side note: think he sent it to Obama for his 2012 campagin yet?)

Here's the full album song list.

He also did a surprise jam session at the Light of Day Festival in Asbury on Saturday night. Wish I'd been there.

But the music news doesn't end there.

The full lineup for The Bamboozle was announced this week, to ALSO take place in Asbury Park. This'll be a three day show - May 18 to 20. Highlights: Foo Fighters, Incubus, Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World, Bouncing Souls, BON FREAKING JOVI! Here's everyone.

Three-day passes are on sale now for $216. Single day passes will go on sale on Saturday. They're $65 for Friday, &75 for Saturday and $75 for Sunday.

That doesn't seem to pricey to me (though of course these prices are before you add in Live Nation fees, which can range from $14 to $24, according to a story about the prices. Yikes. That story also said that three day passes would be $190, but that's not what I saw when I logged into Ticketmaster to see).

The trick with this one is going to be where to stay. I did a quick search of my favorite places and they're all blacked out except for the Majestic in Ocean Grove, which has one room open on May 18. The festival is offering hotel combo packages, which is probably the reason for the black outs. If you are going to do one of those packages, I recommend the Berkeley just because it's right there in the middle of everything, and you won't need to take a shuttle.

My only beef with The Bamboozle is that they're saying it takes place at North Beach, Asbury Park. What the heck is that? It's Jersey Shore folks. Deal with it.

If I go, it'll probably be to the Saturday show, and I'll be begging to stay on someone's couch. Hey, a girl's got to pay to go to the Chicago Marathon this year. I'll take all the free couches I can get!

I'll be in Asbury Park again on Monday, and then next Friday, I'm flying to Tampa. Gee, I wonder which one will be warmer...

Digg this

No comments: