Friday, July 11, 2008

Your Shore Weekend

I'm tempted to say that this will be a big shore weekend, but they're all going to be big shore weekends now through Labor Day (after which I might be taking my shore vacation -- I love Cape May in the fall). July and August are prime time, so there's lots to do. First, the concerts:

KC and the Sunshine Band is playing Bally's on Friday and Saturday.

Tony Bennett is playing Caesar's on Friday and Saturday as well.

Wanna laugh? Stephen Lynch will be at the House of Blues on Saturday.

Van Morrison is at the Borgata on Saturday.

And Mickey Rooney is playing the Atlantic City Hilton through tonight.

There's a magic show in Ocean City on Sunday. Can't make it? Then click here.

Athletic weekend in Sea Isle City: Saturday is a rugby tournament and Sunday is a Phillies Home Run Derby.

There's a five miler in Avalon on Saturday (I've hung up my running shoes until the fall -- just too hot out there for me).

If you're a fan of something old, there's a antique fair in Stone Harbor on Saturday.

Lots going on in Wildwood. The major events are New Jersey State BBQ championship and Angelsea Blues Festival.

Over at the Historic Cold Springs Village, there's a Civil War Encampment taking up residence over the weekend.

And, finally, Cape May is site of an antique auto show on Saturday.

I had a busy week at the shore and talking about the shore, so I'm sticking at home this weekend. Believe it or not, I have to get started on articles that will appear in magazines this winter. Such is the life of a magazine writer!

Digg this

No comments: