Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pictures of the Day

Three shore trips in three days? Yes, that's what my schedule has been.

I had more work to do down the shore, and since I'm leaving on a short trip to Florida at the end of the week, I had to work today. I'm not at liberty to say what I was working on (contracts, blah blah blah), but I can say that it was a stunning day in Wildwood and Cape May, much warmer than yesterday. I could actually feel the sun. Yesterday, it was like the sun hadn't turned its heater switch on.

But what I saw wasn't always as encouraging as that warm sun:



I took the picture in Wildwood but saw similar signs in Cape May County. I stopped counting how many "price reduced" signs I passed as well. Yes, this is a problem all over the country, but a lot of people prospected in Wildwood, whether buying or building, and those prospects are taking now. This is the first time I've seen such a sign -- hopefully it'll be the last. But on the bright side, if you always wanted a shore house, there's deals to be had.

I kept driving South and finally -- FINALLY -- found an item that people have been calling and texting me about since the summer. My face is on a purse:



The purse is sold at the Bamboo Shack, a lovely store that sells purses made of all kinds of newspapers -- hence my face on a bag. Very bizarre. Thanks, Deborah, for Vanna Whiting the bag for the picture.

At the end of my trip, I ended up in Townbank, which is part of North Cape May. This is an interesting sign:



I plan to investigate.

I stopped in Townbank to check out the beaches. It's along the Delaware, and the beaches are dog friendly. I didn't have Emily with me today, but I'm always scouting, and the beach offers lovely views:





And then I went back home again.

I'll admit it: I'm exhausted. Thank goodness my father drove yesterday or I might have road raged on some of those Pa. drivers clogging up the Atlantic City expressway.

That post on the ACES train is still coming -- hope to have it up tomorrow.

Digg this

No comments: