Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Good Job, Tramps!

Lookie lookie what came in the mail yesterday:


My Asbury Park Relay Marathon team - the Tramps Like Us - finished second in the women's open relay. Way to go ladies!

I'm contemplating jumping into the New Jersey Marathon, which is put on by the same people who do the Asbury Park Relay Marathon, in May for a few reasons.

First, I'll already be marathon trained since it's about a month after the Ocean Drive Marathon.

Second, I tried to run this race before and got hurt, so it'd be a mental hurdle to jump - even if I did have a lovely weekend in Asbury Park/Ocean Grove that weekend anyway.

Third, the medal is the state of New Jersey. Last year's medal was the state spinning inside a circle. Yes really.

I think I need a race medal that looks like my favorite state. Might be worth the four hour plus slog. The big hitch is that it's the same day as Philadelphia's Broad Street Run, which everyone and their mother runs, including my boyfriend. Do I go against the grain for a medal of New Jersey? Hm. I'll figure it out soon enough.

P.S. I'm also a member of team Cookies & Beer, which, for the second year in a row, go into the Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 miler in Washington, DC. If you got in, too, see you there!

Digg this

No comments: