Monday, October 17, 2011

Greetings from the Asbury Park Relay Marathon


Good morning from Asbury Park. Well, good Sunday morning. I snapped this at about 6:20am before the start of the Asbury Park Relay Marathon. I drove in that morning to run with my team, the Tramps Like Us.

It wasn't supposed to be. I'd formed the team before I realized I'd be going to a wedding with my boyfriend. But when the race time was bumped up to 7am, I figured I could run the first of eight laps, even though I'd run 19 miles the day before.

We did quite well! Tramps Like Us finished 18th relay team overall, second in the Open Female relay category with a team time of 3:38:59.


Yes, those are our team shirts. Better shot here:


We each took the name of a woman Bruce Springsteen has sung about. I, of course, was Rosalita.



Happy Monday everyone.

Digg this

4 comments:

marie said...

I've always wanted to do a relay! Unfortunately all of my friends are unreliable, fat, lazy, chain-smoking alcoholics.

Jen A. Miller said...

Yeah, I was a little worried about that vegan (kidding!)

John T. said...

Pretty Cool! Let me guess: Wendy, Sandy, Mary, Crazy Janey, Candy??

Jen A. Miller said...

Mary, Sandy, Sherry Darling, Rosalita, Gloria, Wendy