Friday, February 1, 2008

DON'T STOP THE PRESSES!

Big day today: my book's going on press! I approved the final cover yesterday, so off it goes. If you're a shore business and have any ideas about closing, retiring, or changing in any way shape or form -- DON'T! Just kidding...I know the book can't be perfect because everything changes. I was made updates up until a few weeks ago, so I did the best I could.

To honor this wonderful occasion, I wanted to post the clip from that episode of Reading Rainbow where good ol' LeVar Burton took us to a printing press to see how books are made. It's one of my favorite episodes (as are those that take gave us behind the scenes looks at how crayons are made and how Star Trek the Next Generation was made). But I couldn't find it on the depths of Youtube, so I went with this clip instead. Butterflies in the sky, people. Butterflies in the sky.



Anyone else watch this clip and think: gee, this is ripe for a Scrubs parody? Donald Faison would make a wicked LeVar Burton. Make a note, Scrubs writers.

Digg this

2 comments:

Caddy Wumpus said...

Woohoo! Congrats, Jen, on your taste in public television, currently the Toddler's favorite theme song.

Also, the book thing.

Trish Ryan said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see it in 3D :)