Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cover to Cover

Mail is one of the best parts of my day. When you work at home with a dog who, unlike cartoon characters, does not talk, it's a break. Plus, I get checks in the mail, and I do like checks.

I'm a little more anxious about mail this week because I'm supposed to be getting copies of my book soon. I did get a package from my publisher today, though it wasn't quite books:



More like the book cover. I'm not quite sure why they mailed this to me, but it's exciting -- like the appetizer you order to get you ready for the big meal. I've seen this before in PDF form, but it's something else to hold it on the same kind of paper that will be wrapping your book, and to see THE JERSEY SHORE nice and big on the spine.

If you notice, I'm posting a little more than usual today. That's because I'm having a hard time concentrating on work when my toilet exploded this morning, and I'm sitting around waiting for the plumber. I just gave an interview the other day where I talked about how I bought my house the same time I started writing this book, and how happy I am that I bought it. Not so sure right now, sitting in the house with towels all around and no running water. Sigh.

Digg this

No comments: