Thursday, March 6, 2008

News from Around the South Jersey Shore

A lot of my friends have cats. One even has a website of cat videos. But I'm extremely allergic, so allergic, in fact, that when I had my latest round of allergy testing, I frightened the nurse by my reaction to cats. So you can guess how I feel about this.

As much as I like going to Atlantic City, I'm one of those people who enjoys everything BUT the gambling. Here's a Boston Globe article that sums up why I stay away from the gaming floors.

Smart move, Curtis: The Chelsea in Atlantic City is bringing two guys from NYC hot spot Beatrice Inn to oversee the nightlife at his new boutique hotel.

And here's, um, two interesting responses to that article. My answer: no, I don't see hipsters infiltrating Atlantic City and if they do, they'd do better to check out the Irish Pub.

Ocean City's offering a memoir writing workshop. My tip: make sure you actually experienced what you write about.

Good news for Strathmere: they are getting sand for beach development.

How many people live down the shore year round? Click here to find out.

And special thanks to Michelle Jeffers for her wonderful post about my book. Thanks Michelle!

Digg this

2 comments:

Matt said...

2,900 people in sea isle!! I was down there last week and there was one shop open for food-- welshies. need more restaurants!

http://seaisletriathlon.blogspot.com/

Trish Ryan said...

I love it when you do these posts...it's like People Magazine for the Shore :)