Friday, March 14, 2008

Hey, There She is Again


And the hits just keep on coming.

I wrote an article for the May issue of Oxygen magazine about why you should work out in pairs, and the best way to do it. As if it weren't cool enough to write a feature for a fitness magazine, they even published my headshot (which I call the "toothpaste ad" picture) and a short interview with me. I'm in the bottom left hand corner (the pasty one with her shirt on).

Most of you know this already, but in case you don't: writing about the shore isn't my full time job (though wouldn't that be nice?) I'm a freelance writer, meaning that I write articles for magazines and newspapers. A lot of that is fitness writing, as the above picture shows, but I also write about books, finance, sustainable living and, of course, the great state of New Jersey.

This career of mine is on my mind since I gave a talk this week at Rutgers University-Camden about my job, and I was interviewed yesterday by someone writing an article about me for when the book comes out. In both cases, I talked a lot about what it is I do.

If you'd like to learn more about this sort of job (and it ain't all sitting around watching The Price is Right while eating bon bons), check out www.therenegadewriter.com and www.allisonwinnscotch.blogspot.com.

Digg this

No comments: