Friday, August 1, 2008

Your Shore Weekend

Can you believe it's August already? One more month, folks, until the real world strikes again (though if you're like me and love the shore in the fall, you can't wait until the calendar flips over).

Here's what you'll find down the shore this weekend:

Big concert of the weekend: The Killers at the Borgata on Friday night. I almost went (they're great in concert), but it's my friend's 40th birthday. And what's more important than that?

It's not unusual...Tom Jones will play Atlantic City on Friday and Saturday nights. He'll be at Trump Taj Mahal.

Jill Scott's at the Borgata on Sunday.

And Kevin Costner -- yes, THAT Kevin Costner -- will play the House of Blues on Friday and Saturday nights.

This weekend is the Art of Surfing festival in Ocean City. As I mentioned yesterday, my friends in the band The Silence will be playing Friday night.

Check out a sand sculpting event in Avalon on Saturday.

The Greater Wildwood Yact Club is hosting the 70th Greater Wildwood Yacht Club Regatta.

Got teenage girls? Delia's is having a blow out sale at the Wildwoods Convention Center through August 7.

And if you're in Cape May on Friday Morning, the annual Baby Parade starts at 11am.

**UPDATE**How could I forget this one? Tour de Shore is this weekend! It's basically an Avalon bar tour done in bikes and in costumes. This will be the 22nd year. Things get rolling at the Princeton on Sunday at noon.

Digg this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be seeing Mr. Jones at the Taj this weekend!

I thought of your blog last night as a friend was telling me of his Sea Isle vacation & said I found the greatest thing ever, you'd love them....Upcakes...I said, one of the blogs I read talks about them! He was impressed I knew what they were. Now time to order some!

Kimmber said...

We are further up the Shore and are headed to Toms River Fest today to catch Daughtry.