Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tampadelphians


Last night, of course, I watched the Phillies game and, of course, they won. We had a diverse group at the Double Tree, a combination of "Tampadelphians" who hadn't managed to snag tickets to last night's game, and Philly people looking for fellow fans.

Just look at this picture. From left to right: woman whose name I didn't catch but who was wearing an awesome Phil & Phillis t-shirt; Cara Schneider of the Greater Philadelphia Tourism & Marketing Corporation; Howard Altman of the Tampa Tribune (yes, the same Howard Altman who said this -- though he seemed a nice enough guy to me) and Paul Parone, who runs Tampadelphia.

I pity anyone staying at the Double Tree last night who was looking for a quiet drink at the bar. My voice is still hoarse from screaming last night. Lots of fun.

I've been wearing my Phillies hat all day as I've toured Tampa, and heard nothing but compliments from people who saw me. I still don't feel much love for the Rays from Tampa. I think Altman put it best when he said that the fans are just so excited about their fan love that has been building for...four weeks (he's a former Philly guy and Mets fan, FYI). You can't just make up long-time fandom. Doesn't mean I can't make fun of Rays fans, though ;-)

Digg this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do any of the Tampadelphians know of any Philly fans in Orlando who want to get together to watch tonight's game?