Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gnomey



How silly is that? I wrote up a piece about the Travelocity visit to Atlantic City for njmonthly.com -- will post a link when it's live.

Now, an apology. I know the content hasn't been that great of late. A few things combined to bring that about: surgery, workload, and then, right when I was getting back in the swing of things, I got sick. I've watched about 17 episodes of Law & Order today while on the couch. Tack those on the the marathons I watched after surgery, and is it any wonder I'm jumpy?

I also was lucky enough to be offered a contract on a second book, which I really wanted to write, but the advance was so low that I had to turn it down (seriously -- I picked up an article assignment the next day that paid more. Book business is not booming right now). Roll that into everything else that's happened in the last three weeks, and you have one blah blogger.

But things are turning around. For the first time in 72 hours, I don't feel like I need to be in a 5 foot radius of a bathroom at all times (gross, I know, but true). My stitches come out tomorrow morning, and tomorrow afternoon, I'm filming a segment with 6ABC that will air at a later date. There's also rumblings about a late season shore video coming about, but that's still up in the air.

I've been itchy to get to the beach, too -- not just down the shore, but on the beach to sit in the sun and swim in the ocean. I've seen everyone else's shore pics, and they look so much more fun than lying on the couch, which I've been forced to do. I'll know tomorrow if I'm cleared for beach time (the surgery incision is healing nicely, but you never know), and I should be down the shore next weekend if not this weekend after covering a press conference close to home.

Point is: I'll be back to full speed soon. Thank you for your patience!

Digg this

No comments: