Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blog Break & Birthday

So I let slip on twitter yesterday that I had a little "procedure" done. It's not the kind of thing where they usher you in and out through the back door. I'm not really that famous ;-)

Actually, it was a pretty routine outpatient surgery to remove a cyst from my shoulder.

NOT A BIG DEAL. But I am very sore at the removal site and can't sit at my desk for long periods of time. It might sound like fun to have time off, but I spend most of the time flicking channels and staring at Emily, who is staring at me wondering why I'm so boring. Point is, the blog is on vacation until Monday.

BUT: My Birthday Brew Ha Ha is still on for Saturday -- details are here. I will probably be wearing a sling, not necessarily because of the pain (I hope the soreness has at least ebbed by then) but so people don't whack me on the shoulder to say hello. Consider it a preventative measure.

I probably should have timed this better. I'm not allowed on the beach for two weeks, which is when the stitches come out. I LOVE sitting on the beach on my birthday. I'll just have to figure out something else to do...maybe a little Harry Potter IMAX in AC?

Digg this

No comments: