Thursday, January 17, 2008

At the Top of Cape May

So what's it like at the top of a lighthouse in the middle of January?

COLD!

Yesterday, the folks at the Mid Atlantic Center for the Arts were kind enough to open the Cape May Lighthouse so Jack Wright, publisher of Exit Zero and of Cool Cape May, could take my picture to go with an essay that will appear in the 2008 edition of Cool Cape May. Notice how bundled up Jack is. Notice how much I am not. Oh, the things we do to sell a book or two.

It was fun being inside the lighthouse out of season -- like sneaking into school when no one's there in the summer. But it was a bit dirty and dusty. And what I'm standing in is exactly what you think it is. I think it's time to retire the Chucks.

More tomorrow about my other adventures down the shore...

Digg this

No comments: