Friday, July 16, 2010

And the winner is...

....Eric Cortes! I used a random number generator to pick our winner - number 18 was Eric, so he wins the tshirt that will look like the one below:


That's not Eric's t-shirt. That's mine. They gave me one for running the contest. It's on top of the laundry basket that holds my clothes for the next week. On Saturday morning, I am going on vacation. Where? Down the shore. Might not sound like a surprise, but the last time I did an honest to God week down the shore in the height of summer was 2003. I am bringing my computer, but I don't plan on working other than my Saturday morning meeting.

I'll be back on July 24, which is when I'll explain why I've been pretty quiet on the blog. Big changes coming...but good changes.

Digg this

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so going to wear the shirt everywhere! Thanks!

shore-ehz said...

I know that most of your time has to be devoted to your book, but this blog could morph into the main shore information page if you really wanted it to. Maybe have guest stories and opinions (hint) from others who love the shore and think Philly.com and other sites are doing a weak job. Just a thought.

shore-ehz said...

Another thing....Cape May Herald reported last week that instead of an hour extension for Wildwood Bars, a 24-7 "no close" extension was floated. This will be voted on July 28th. Is this an attempt to grab the North Wildwood bar hoppers that Keenans seems to have a stranglehold on? Is this a decision based solely on revenue? I have yet to see an editorial opinion in any paper, pro or con, concerning this issue. I would try to get some comments and write it myself, but who would listen?

Jen A. Miller said...

Shore-ehz - It's a good idea, but this blog is a volunteer effort. I don't make any money from it, and it's not funded. To do what you're suggesting would require both :-)