Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scenes from a Jersey Shore vacation


I'm back from the beach. I'm not weeping, but I'm close to it. What a wonderful week - sunny and hot almost every day, with good friends and family around for the week. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I hardly recognize myself in the mirror given how tan and blond I am after a week in the sun.

This didn't start as a work trip, but it will end as one. I haven't done a Jersey Shore vacation since 2006, and this week reminded me WHY this is a vacation destination. I remembered why I fell in love with the region, and what you want to know when you're down the shore for the week. This is exactly what I needed right before I start the sprint to the book deadline. It's going to change the book, in a very good way.

Speaking of change...I'm starting a full time job on Monday. Don't gasp! This is a good thing. It won't affect any shore coverage. It might mean more since I'll have more time freed up to do fun work, not work work. Freelancing has been a challenging and rewarding career, but an incredibly stressful one. So when a great job fell into my lap, I took it - after a lot of thought, but I took it. So we'll see how it goes!

Digg this

No comments: