Friday, April 25, 2008

Your Shore Weekend

It's not even April, but things are already cooking at the South Jersey shore, starting with an event I have been waiting for since May of 2007: The Doo Dah Parade.

The Doo Dah Parade started as a way to celebrate the end of tax season. I'm not quite sure how 500 bassett hounds and celebrity impersonators got involved, but I cannot wait to get to the Ocean City boardwalk at noon tomorrow. If you've never been, check out this video from South Jersey Video Magazine.

If you're looking for a little more grown up fun, Saturday is also Somers Point's annual Bayfest. I liken it to Tampa's Gasperilla festival where you start the day with kegs and eggs and keep going from there (though there is actual stuff to do). I'm hoping to head over the bridge to catch the tail end of the party, but only if I don't have to go to...

The Sensational 60s weekend! This one's in Wildwood and celebrates all things '60s, including concerts, contests and car shows. For full details, click here.

And this is only April. It's going to be one long, fun summer.

Digg this

No comments: