Wednesday, April 30, 2008

News from Around the South Jersey Shore

Here's a run down of Saturday's block party in Ocean City (though they left out something important -- I'll be signing at Sun Rose Words and Music!)

Yikes: a Navy flare comes ashore in Stone Harbor.

Does anyone know what they're doing in AC's government?

Here's a silly story from The Onion about Mistress America.

I think she should stop in Atlantic City. How about you?

Will gas prices bring more or less people down the shore? My prediction: You'll lose day trippers (those 'I'm cutting work to lie on the beach' or kids with a car and nothing else to do), but you'll gain back those who might have tried places like the Outter Banks or Martha's Vineyard.

The World Series of Birding is coming up soon -- May 10 to be exact.

Thursday is Martin Z. Mollusk day in Ocean City. You'll have to read it to believe it (it's from the same folks who brought you the Doo Dah parade).

I don't get it, but I guess this is news to some people.

Painting's done at the Cape May Lighthouse. Bet it's a tad warmer up there now than it was on my last visit.

Summer help might be older this year.

Digg this

No comments: