Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Your Shore Weekend

Hey, it's back! Your Shore Weekend!

Well, temporarily. So many people have emailed me about what's going on at the shore this weekend that I wanted to put together a few things that are happening post Turkey Day.

First: if you're kicking off holiday shopping and would like a signed copy of my book for the holidays, here's how to get one. It makes a great gift :-)

OK, now onto shore business: Black Friday will be happening at the shore, too. On Friday, Ocean City's downtown area will have a free children's train ride at City Hall Annex (901 Asbury Avenue), free horse and carriage rides, free photos with Santa in an Ocean City Lifeboat on the lawn of City Hall (I want one!), and fact painting. Carolers in Victorian costumes and other entertainment will also be strolling along Asbury Avenue. Hate wrapping presents? Get it done for free along the avenue. Follow all that up with a tree lighting at 5pm. If you can't get to the shore until the weekend, head to the Music Pier on the boardwalk at 3pm for photos with Santa. Beach tags for summer 2009 are on sale, too!

If you don't want to wait until Friday, the Pier Shops at Caesars are going to be open Thanksgiving day from 1pm to 6pm. You might think that Atlantic City is dead on the holidays, but that's not the case. It's jammed (think about everyone who wants to get AWAY from their families). If you're a Total Rewards Member, you get in an hour early on Friday(8am instead of 9pm) and Saturday (9am instead of 10 am) and a coupon booklet for additional mark downs.

The Atlantic City Outlets will be running sales, too. Check here for a run down of who will be offering what.

If you're headed to Avalon, here's what's going on this weekend -- here, too.

And, finally, Split Decision -- a usual La Costa band -- will be playing the Gypsy Bar at the Borgata on Friday. I know I would disappoint this lady if I didn't mention that.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving! I'm headed to my 10 year high school reunion tonight (mixed feelings about that), then who knows where after -- probably something that my liver won't appreciate. Then it's napping and dinner with my mom. Now, it was supposed to be just the two of us and Emily. Now we're up to I think 10 people. Hey, it's how it goes -- more people to play with Emily! I used to do the whole Black Friday shopping thing but stopped the last year that Strawbridges was open. So this year I plan on spending Black Friday either painting my dining room, at Wheaton Arts, which is having a studio sale, or both.

Digg this

No comments: