Monday, September 28, 2009

Trouble for the Atlantic City Marathon

So so sad for people on a training program for it: The Atlantic City marathon has been postponed, and looks like it's to be cancelled.

If you were training for that marathon -- oh my gosh, I want to give you a hug. I've never trained for a marathon, but I'm working on my half marathon training, and if the race was suddenly dropped? I'd be devastated.

If you were training for it, what are your plans now? Run the LBI 18 mile run on October 11? Switch to another marathon? I was hoping to hop into the 10k that day, but now I'm stuck.

Digg this

3 comments:

Sidney Hargro said...

Wow. I've run a marathon and this is disappointing. Hopefully they'd be able to join one of the other fall marathons.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I think Philly in November still has some slots. I am running my first in DC October 25th, but that is sold out.

Jen A. Miller said...

Dan, it's sold out, as is the half marathon on that same day -- UNLESS you fundraise for an entry spot.