Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merion Fire

Sad news about the Merion Inn in Cape May: it caught fire on December 23. The blaze broke out on the second floor of the building, and owner Erik Watson had to be flown to the Temple Burn Center.

There's two pieces of good news: First, Eric is expected to make a full recovery. Second, the fire stuck to the second floor, so the restaurant and kitchen were not damaged. They'll be re-opening today. So if you're in Cape May, stop by for a drink. They lost out on two major days for the business - Christmas and Christmas Eve - so they could use a boost.

Digg this

No comments: