1. Today is the five year anniversary of when I adopted my sweet sweet Emily. Dog, it's been quite a ride, full of belly rubs, long walks and maybe a few dead bunnies and birds along the way (hey, it's what terriers are bred to do). She's a wonderful dog - and a reminder that if you are looking for a dog, please consider adopting an adult dog from your local animal shelter. She was four (we guesstimate) when I adopted her from the Animal Welfare Association in Voorhees. She's been just the right pet for me (and bonus: she was already trained!)
2. I'm going away this weekend, down the shore of course. NO I'm not going to tell you where I'm staying (until the post-weekend post, of course), but there will be a lot of food involved. Dinner at the Ebbitt Room? Yes, please.
3. If you're up at the North Jersey Shore, there's an arts and crafts fair in Manasquan this Saturday.
4. I have an article about holiday decorating in Friday's Philadelphia Inquirer - shore location included!
5. My latest for Aol Travel is about places that have seen a tourism boost because of a movie. ROCKY!!!!!!