Sunday, May 25, 2008

Down the Shore with Preston & Steve

On Friday, I got up early and headed over to Keenan's in North Wildwood for the Preston & Steve official kick off to summer (though I thought I kicked it off last weekend when I hit the pool at Congress Hall, but I digress...)

I knew it was a big booze bash, but even so, I was surprised by how big a booze bash it was.

This was the scene at around 7:30am:





Runners in the 'beer mile,' in which they had to drink a beer, run a lap, drink a beer, and so on:



This is how things looked at about 9:30am:





I had one beer with a group of bikers who protected me from drunk chicks, but I didn't imbibe like a lot of people did -- I have no idea how anyone could stomach Jager let alone Jager mixed with Red Bull so early in the AM. And I had to get down to Wildwood for the preview of the Kite Festival.

Speaking of Wildwood, here's some hot 2008 boardwalk fashion:



I've had a lot of talks about the Wildwood boardwalk...some people love it, some people hate it. I think it's different, and people embrace it or shun it for that reason. You'd be hard pressed to find t-shirts like this in, say, Ocean City, and I felt at times that I was in a haze of cigarette smoke. But it certainly was a scene, and pizza from Mack's was fantastic.

Anyway, I'm having a good yet busy weekend. If you want to follow along, you can check out my Twitter stream here.

Digg this

1 comment:

Cate said...

I can't believe how many people were down there that early - wow!