Friday, June 13, 2008

Your Shore Weekend

Morning everyone! I'm typing at you -- still -- from my hotel room at the new Waterfront Tower at Harrah's. Sweet stay. I must remember, though, that if I hear tapping outside my window it's not necessarily someone getting read to take a jump -- the building's still under construction!

I'm watching Regis & Kelly (I submitted my dog's picture for their take your dog to work day thing -- if I can't get on the show, well, at least my dog has a shot) and tying up some odds and ends before I head off to get my hair cut at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door salon. So here's what's going on this weekend at the South Jersey Shore:

On Saturday, I'll be signing copies of my book at Collingswood's Second Saturday at Robert Jay's Unforgettables. I know, I know, this isn't exactly at the shore, but, hey, it's about a shore book!

Tonight, Brett Michaels will be making an appearance at the Pool at Harrah's. I'll be there, not for Brett Michaels, but to see who is going to PAY to see Brett Michaels.

Also tonight is the True Colors concert at the Borgata.

Bill Ray Cyrus plays the Atlantic City Hilton on Saturday.

The Great American Volleyball - Atlantic City Open is on Saturday and Sunday, near the Trump Plaza Beach Bar.

Super bummed I can't make this: Jackie Collins is making an appearance at Caesars on Saturday.

James Taylor is at the Borgata on Saturday.

Ocean City's hosting the Miss New Jersey preliminary competition on Friday and Saturday.

There's also a 5K in Ocean City on Saturday.

There's a Skimmer Weekend Festival in Sea Isle City.

The Mummers will be strutting in Wildwood on Saturday.

If you've ever wanted a guide tour to all those gingerbread houses in Cape May, check this out -- you'll get a great tour.

And most important of all: the 85th annual National Marbles Tournament starts in Wildwood on Sunday. Yes, marbles. Yes, 85th anniversary. Read more hereA.

Digg this

No comments: