Thursday, November 29, 2007

Public Service Announcement: Camp Out for Hunger

Two weeks ago, I had the chance to visit the 93.3 WMMR studio to watch the Preston and Steve show in person. If you've paid attention to my "what I'm listening" to notes at the end of blog posts, you'll see that I'm listening to them for most of my morning posts. When I was wrapping up The Jersey Shore: Atlantic City to Cape May: A Complete Guide, I listened to Preston & Steve so I had something to laugh about when I put in those last changes. They helped me not rip my hair out when it came down to the wire.

The entire show is fantastic, and the people are fantastic. They couldn't have been nicer to me as I watched from the wings. They also do great things, one being the annual WMMR Camp Out for Hunger. Starting on Monday and running through Friday, they'll be set up in the Metroplex shopping complex in Plymouth Meeting, PA, collecting non-perishable food items for Philabundance, which is reporting an absolute all time low in how much food they can give to people in need.

This isn't just broadcasting live from the parking lot for five mornings. The gang lives there for the entire week.

For all the details, click here. If you make the trip up, they'll keep you entertained. From what I hear, it's one big party, and you can win some fab prize, all while helping out a good cause. I'll be in Arizona next week (yes, I do go other places besides the shore), so I'll miss out, but that doesn't mean you have to.

I also talked to Tracey Deschaine of Dixie Picnic, and it turns out that her clan is a big fan of the show and plans on bringing some Upcakes to the party as well. So grab some food and head up the Blue Route. It's needed now more than ever.

What I'm Listening to: Preston and Steve on 93.3 WMMR

P.S. I'm working on an article about self help books and the people who love and hate them. If you'd like to interviewed for the article (and are willing to let me use your real name), drop me a line at jenmiller27 [at] gmail [dot] com.

Digg this

No comments: