Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Emily!


Today's a special day here in the offices of Jen A. Miller. I've written about Emily, my Jack Russell Terrier Mix, before, and today is her sixth birthday. She's celebrating right now by going back to bed -- and who can blame her? Who wouldn't want to sleep in on her birthday.

In honor of Emily's birthday, I encourage you to click over to my Book a Week With Jen blog for a review Jean M. Fogle's Salty Dogs, and adorable book about dogs on the beach. Not only did I write a preview of that book, but I also wrote the "Jen & Em" story because, on top of today being Emily's birthday, tomorrow marks two years ago that I brought home this squirrel-barking, ball-chasing, space-heating, best pal a gal could have.

If you're thinking about bringing a pet into your home, I urge you to think about adoption. Emily came to me through the Animal Welfare Association in Voorhees, NJ. Maybe there's a shelter dog or cat in your future, too.

Digg this

No comments: