Friday, April 18, 2008

Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous


Yes, that's Joel Madden. Allow me to explain.

Last night, I went to the Good Charlotte concert at the House of Blues in Atlantic City. I'm not a big fan. But I can sing along with their songs when they come on the radio (only if no one else is in the car because I'm just that good), so why not?

It was a good show, and good people watching. The crowd had a lot of teenagers, and probably adults who didn't want you to know that they were such big fans.

After the concert, I got to go to the Foundation Room, which is a members only club/restaurant (and an excellent spot for dinner), and word was that Nicole Richie was going to be making an appearance to see Joel Madden DJ.

Now, I'm not one to get all hyper about brushes with 'celebrity.' But I admit that I was intrigued. I was even sort of hoping Ms. Hilton, who is dating the other Madden brother, would show because I wanted to see the mayhem (Paris, alas, was in Africa).

My first impression of Richie is that she's tiny. During the concert, I could see her backstage from my perch on the balcony, and when she walked by me in the Foundation Room, she still looked small, but very pretty (I think motherhood looks good on her). She stayed in a private, roped off room while Madden DJed, and every once and a while, she'd pop her head out where we could see.

Given the people there, it was still a pretty chill evening. And Madden's a good DJ, which was fun for those of us dancing.

Anyway, back to work for me this morning. Remember, if you'd like a chance of winning a free copy of my book, you must post a shore memory here before midnight tonight (Eastern Standard Time). I'll announce the winners on Monday!

Digg this

No comments: