Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wedding Wishes

Cape May has a reputation for romance, and for weddings (hell, if I ever figure this thing out, I hope to get married there some day). It's so popular that it's the third biggest destination wedding spot in the U.S.

So a lot of people get married in the southern most part of the state. But I want to give a special shout out to Etan Horowitz and Daphne Sashin, who will be married in Cape May this Saturday.

Etan and Daphne both work for the Orlando Sentinel and decided to get married in a spot closer to their homes. Etan found me through Twitter, and asked me where Daphne could get her hair done. I was stumped, asked around and didn't come up with an answer, though I have helped with some other questions that came up.

I had hoped to get down to Cape May on Friday to hang out with the wedding group the night before the wedding (I hear that some members of their group will be getting my book...shhh....), but I'm making a long over-due trip to visit my brother and his fiance (and enter THEIR wedding war room) instead.

You can read all about the couple and their wedding on their wedding site. I recommend checking ou the blog portion. It's hysterical.

So, Etan and Daphne: good luck. May the weather hold, the seagulls stay out of your way, and Cape May give you the best it has to offer. It's a lovely way to start a life together.

Digg this

2 comments:

Daphne Sashin said...

Thanks, Jen! I'm honored that you blogged about us and we'll miss you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

hi there jen,
I was searching on the internet about a wedding down the shore with my fiance and i came across your blog and was interested. We just had a baby girl and have been together for about 10 years and we just want to get married somewhere nice and romantic. if you could give us any advise or guidance on this we would greatly appreciate it. Email me at nyrhigg11@yahoo.com if you have any info. Thanks for your time.