Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Jersey Marathon

I've finally taken the plunge. I've signed up for a marathon. If all goes according to plan, I'll running my fastest 26.2 miles on May 2 in Long Branch for the New Jersey Marathon.

Training starts in a week. There's two feet of snow on the ground. I've never run further than 13.1 miles in my life.

I. Am. Terrified.

I promise not to flood the blog with posts about marathon training (which is very boring, and not much different from what I normally do except I'll be doing it exponentially). But since this is an event that takes place at the shore, I figured it was an appropriate thing to mention on the blog.

Prayers are much appreciated.

Digg this

2 comments:

Leah Ingram said...

You. Are. Crazy.

Nuff said!

(Good luck!)

Leah

Leslie said...

that's awesome! congratulations. ive never run farther than 13.1 in my life either. I signed up for the NYC Marathon lottery for 2010 so well see what happens! i can't wait to hear about your training and progress! you are going to do awesome!