Thursday, December 17, 2009

News from Around the South Jersey Shore

This isn't about OUR Strathmere, but doesn't it look nice? I also like Maine, especially in the fall. I'm also WAY tempted to buy this because of the name.

More Strathmere! This time from the shore one.

The Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts, which runs tons o' fun stuff in Cape May, has changed it's name to the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts and Humanities.

File this one under bizarre Sea Isle news.

Miss'd America is returning to Atlantic City! To BOARDWALK HALL! I am soooo heartbroken that I'll be in Florida during the drag pageant.

In news that surprised NO ONE -- ACES lost $6 million.

Ican's been approved to buy the Tropicana (wasn't I write about this LAST December?)

Not QUITE on the way to Cape May...

Some cool ideas for West Cape May.

A lot of this happened while I was out sick, but Wildwood recalled its mayor and put someone else in office. Reason? Property taxes. But that's a huge problem across the state, and the obvious answer -- to merge North Wildwood, Wildwood, Wildwood Crest and West Wildwood into one town to share resources -- well, I can't see that happening any time soon.

Digg this

No comments: