Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How Was Your Memorial Day Weekend?


That's me taking a break in Clayton Park, NJ, where I went mountain biking yesterday. It's only my second time out. I did not break myself. I consider this a success.

If I wasn't worried about getting caught in shore traffic, I'd have tried to zip over to Asbury Park after the bike ride. Seemed like a nice beach day.

So how did you guys spend your weekend? I ended up working quite a bit, napping, and reading an excellent book that, unfortunately, has some inaccuracies in the chapter where the family goes to Atlantic City.

P.S. To check out pics from the bike ride, check out Garrick Goh's excellent Flickr account.

Digg this

3 comments:

Leah Ingram said...

We went the opposite direction for our long weekend--out to State College, PA, for a volleyball tournament in which my high school daughter was participating. It was a pretty wonderful place to spend a long weekend though the drive is a bear! I used to mountain bike all the time. I should get my bike tuned up and we should go riding, at least on the canal path either here in PA or in NJ. Not exactly mountain biking but might be fun anyway.

Jen A. Miller said...

Leah, I'm new to it and a timid rider - or at least compared to the 7 people I went with, some who have been MTB since they first learned to ride a bike! But I'm game for some canal path riding.

My cousins might have been at the volleyball tournament, BTW. Small world.

Ann Delaney said...

Great weekend weather in Avalon & Stone Harbor- and people were definitely here to enjoy it! At times, it looked like the island was participating in a fitness event: walking, jogging, biking, etc. Or were they all rushing to to beat the crowds at Kohler's Bakery???