Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Your Shore Weekend

Giddy up, shoobies. Big weekend ahead down the shore. I'm updating today because tomorrow's a holiday and, well, I'll be too busy swimming and sipping cool drinks at the annual Verzella Family Fourth of July party. So here we go:

To start, I'll be talking and signing books on Saturday at the Woodland Village in Clermont. Clermont is a shade inland between Avalon and Stone Harbor. The Woodland Village is next to Avalon Campground, which I've written about before (because I love it so). I'll be on at 1pm.

Fireworks! Lots of fireworks! Harrah's and the Borgata are planning a big bang of a display tonight. Start time is scheduled for 9:30pm. Ocean City is having their fireworks on Friday night at 9pm. Sea Isle City and Cape May are also having theirs on Friday. Avalon's are on Saturday. And Wildwood has fireworks every Friday night in season, so why should this Friday be different?

So basically? Just look up this weekend and you're bound to see something preetty.

Moving on...

The Beach Boys are playing a free concert on the beach in front of the Atlantic City Hilton. Rumor has it that John Stamos will be here. And I now feel like I've stepped back into 1988.

Melissa Ethridge is playing the Borgata on Friday.

Rush is at the Trump Taj Mahal on Friday.

Jay Leno will be at Caesars on Saturday.

John Legend
plays the Borgata on Sunday (and Philadelphia's Welcome America on Friday, FYI)

Hey fair skinned lads and lasses: Ocean City's having a freckle contest today. Details here. If you're freckless like me (it's the Italian in me), there's also a homemade freckle contest [Mom, I'm sorry about the loss of your brown marker]

Of course it wouldn't be Fourth of July without a bike parade. Ocean City's having theirs on Friday.

Got kids? Disney's doing a big High School Musical promotion in Wildwood at the convention center.

Cape May's having a Great Lawn Party at Congress Hall on Friday. I love Congress Hall, and I love that lawn. But I love my family more, so I'll be in Collingswood on Friday and headed down the AC Expressway on Saturday.

With that, have a great weekend!

Digg this

No comments: