Monday, October 12, 2009

The Running Tillies


Hurray! The fine folks at the Asbury Park Relay Marathon have let me in!

This Sunday, I'll be running on a two-person team with Steve of NJShoreRun.com, which is a great website about all things running down the shore. He's also a mega runner -- multiple marathons under his belt...er, shoes.

Our name? The Running Tillies. Tillie is pictured above, and will be on the finisher's medal.

The plan is for Steve to run the first 16 miles, and I'll do the last 10.2. Time is not a huge goal since Steve ran the LBI 18 miler on Sunday, and I'm using this as a training run for the November 22 Philadelphia Half Marathon.

I didn't even know about this race until yesterday when I saw Steve post that he'd been looking for people to split up the race. I would rarely register for something so late, so thank you to the organizers for letting me in. I'm psyched.

Bonus? I can wear my race t-shirt to the Bruce Springsteen concert on Monday. Win!

Digg this

2 comments:

NJShoreRun said...

Go Running Tillies! Great choice on the team name. This inaugural race has a lot of potential- A great course in a revived shore town, a view of the ocean on every loop, and nice amenities like tech tees, finishers hats, and a post race party.

FLYERS26 said...

I am running this as a team of one. Don't care about time, as I am using it as a training run for Philly also, only the full marathon.
Best of luck!