Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Taking the Plunge

Now that I'm back to the land of the living (sort of...)

This weekend is Sea Isle's Polar Plunge, one annual shore spectacular that I have not seen nor care to be a part of. Sorry, guys. There is nothing about running into the Atlantic Ocean in February - without a wet suit - that appeals to me.

But it's a big event anyone. Anyone going? Why do you do it? You don't have to be a Sea Isle plunger, either - I'm curious about the appeal (other than drinking that early in the morning...I reserve that activity for post-race celebrations and Gasparilla)

**UPDATE** This is NEXT weekend - I guess I'm not quite back to the land of the living yet.

Digg this

1 comment:

Jen said...

One of my good friends did it last year. I personally would never and I never went to watch the event, however, I could understand if it's written on someone's bucket list.

http://nauticalwheelerjewelry.blogspot.com/