Sunday, February 10, 2008

Shore Break: Dating Books for Guys

Stepping away from the shore stuff for a minute: I wrote an essay for the Image section of today's Philadelphia Inquirer about dating books for guys. Aside from my shore stuff, I'm also a freelance writer and book reviewer. This article came from a little bit of both roles -- I sometimes write dating articles for men's magazines, and I review a lot of books. Plus I'm opinionated, so this topic was the perfect storm, if you will. You can read that article here.

If you'd like more of my book opinions, hop over to my Book a Week with Jen blog. The three books mentioned in the article, The Pocket Idiot's Guide to Getting Girls, Rules of the Game and This Book Will Get You Laid, were books 23, 24 and 25 in the series.

If you're wondering about the "Love - the getting" title, you might want to take a peek at the article that ran alongside it called "Love - the giving". My article is on the left hand side of an image of a tree, and Lisa Scottoline's was on the right. And even though my mom's miffed they didn't run my picture, I don't mind. Maybe the guy I wrote about won't realize it was him (because, really, how often do you look at bylines? I read this article all the way through without knowing Kristin Graham wrote it -- and I'm a writer. You would expect I'd pay attention!)

Today also marks Frank Wilson's last review as book editor. I expected a farewell column, but, in true Frank style, he dedicated that space to a book review -- a review of a poetry book, at that.

Fortunately, Frank will continue to share his thoughts through the blogsphere -- he'll continue his wildly popular blog Books, Inq here.

Digg this

No comments: