Tuesday, December 23, 2008

News & Notes in New Jersey Publications

New Jersey Monthly's "Power Issue" is out. Well, it's online at least (I'm still waiting for my print copy) and lists more than a few shore people, including a nice profile of the Morey Brothers (not my article) and Curtis Bashaw (my article). The dining section also includes two write ups of Jersey Shore spots: Chelsea Prime (not my review) and Oyster Bay (my review).

I also wrote a profile of Ted & Nina Wells. It's not shore related (though Nina Wells raves about the shore), but I figured I'd share anyway. If you'd like to see the entire Power List, click here.

I also got a nice early Christmas present yesterday: this review of my book in the winter issue of Edible Jersey magazine:

"The Shore. The words alone evoke sensory images of hot sand, the clinking of slot machines, the swirl of a carousel and, of course, the food. For the first time tourist, the array of offerings can be overwhelming; for a lifelong aficionado, there's always something to discover. Miller, a contributor to this magazine, serves both audiences well in this impressively researched, 262-page guide. In addition to listings of where to go, what to do and where to stay, she provides a good dose of history and insight on topics such as crabbing or how to protect the dunes. And the first-person narratives scattered throughout make us feel as if we're traveling with a well-informed, entertaining friend."

Out of everything that's been written about the book this year, I think that is the nicest review I've gotten. Thanks guys.

Digg this

No comments: