Thursday, January 22, 2009

Carnivale!

It's cold -- BITTER COLD. Anyone else hibernating? I am. Except to go the gym and my mom's, I've done my best to stay inside. Emily's feeling the same way, too, though she's actually hibernating. The old dog is sleeping the days away.

Looking to break out of your funk? The Tropicana's firing up a canrivale celebration Friday night.

Here's how it works: admission is free, but you can buy Carnivale dollars. One Carnivale dollar equals five regular dollars, and the Trop's restaurants, bars and entertainment venues are offering $5 specials. Sound confusing? I thought so. Check out their event website for details.

If you care about such things, Jessica Burciaga, Playboy's Miss February 2009, will be guest bartending at Providence, a night club in the Tropicana, from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m., after which she'll play Blackjack and then go back to da club. She'll also be making a guest appearance at War at the Shore, an Extreme Mixed Martial Arts event taking place on Friday night.

And that, readers, is the most bizarre paragraph I've ever written on this blog. Then again, I *am* writing about Atlantic City. In the four years I've covered the shore, I've learned to expect the unexpected when it comes to AC.

Digg this

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm staying warm today by cleaning the house. I've got yet another TV crew coming tomorrow to film me on why my frugal exercise of choice is walking the dog!

Leah

Jen A. Miller said...

Leah: A friend is in town for a few days, so we're going running on Saturday. That's a 'free' way for us to catch up, but boy it'll be cold....

Anonymous said...

Perhaps brilliantly executed promotions like this is why Tropicana is in such a world of hurt right now. No wonder they can't get their gaming license back

Anonymous said...

Did you see all the sweepstakes that the Travel Bureau is sponsoring? There are great ones all over the state, including 4 on the Jersey Shore.
http://scenicamericablog.com/?p=113

Gave you a linky too, love your blog!
http://www.scenic-america.com/newjersey/beaches.htm

Jen A. Miller said...

Sandy: I did! Posted about it yesterday.