Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Finally

Remember this? I don't blame you if you don't. It's been a while.

In April 2008, I worked the salt water taffy line at Shriver's in Ocean City for an article into which I then poured my heart and soul.

It never ran. I'd rather not get into why it never ran, or steam might come out of my ears.

I almost sold it to another publication, which loved loved loved the piece, but it didn't fit their schedule since I pitched it to them so late in the summer season. So I tossed it in the archives and figured it would never see the light of day.

Until now. It's going into the second edition of the book - updated and revised, of course.

Writing can be a tricky business. I don't think the essay was bad. I still don't. The fact that another publication seriously considered buying it tells me that, and when the book comes out in April 2011 - a full three years after I wrote the piece - I'll offer it as excerpt to magazines.

I hope you enjoy it - when it finally comes out in April 2011.

Talk about full circle, too. Marc, who took the picture above that was SUPPOSED to run with the story, is taking my new headshot on September 19 on the Ocean City boardwalk. He's been doing great shore work lately, too. Check out his latest photos here.

Digg this

No comments: