Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Won't you take me to...LEISURE TOWNE!

Toay kicked off "shore speaking season" -- I gave my first shore talk of the year to the literary society of Leisuretowne, a retirement community in Southampton, N.J.

I love talking to retirement communities. I talk about my "route to writing about the shore," starting back from when my grandparents settled in N.J. after WW II. Then I open up the floor for the audience to share their shore memories, which can be funny and fascinating. I was there for well over an hour today and learned a lot -- I don't think I'll ever know absolutely everything about the shore, but I can sure keep on trying.

On that note, I have three appearances coming up so far this spring:

April 30: I'll be at Dinner with an Author, Celebrating 25 Years of Literacy. This event, which benefits the Literacy Volunteers of Burlington County, will be held at Braddock's Tavern in Medford, N.J. with a cash bar at 6:30 p.m. and dinner at 7:30 p.m. The dinner isn't with just me -- Vince Papale will be there, too. I'm not upset that he's on the flyer -- no, not at all ;-) Tickets are $50. The invite says RSVP by March 1, but if you'd like to see if there's any wiggle room, call 609-877-5566.

May 5: This one is JUST ME -- I'll be speaking at a fundraiser for the Collings-Knight House. The dinner will be at the Collings-Knight House in Collingswood, N.J. The 6 p.m. dinner costs $17.50. I speak at 7:30 pm., and the speaking part is free and open to the public. If you do pay the $17.50, I promise to be highly amusing and try not spill anything on you. For the dinner, you must reserve your ticket by April 30. Call 856-240-7098 to do so.

Memorial Day Weekend: I'm not sure of the date yet, but I'll be signing books sometime during Memorial Day Weekend at Jamaican Me Crazy in Sea Isle City. I'll update when I know.

And if you'd like me to talk to your group or do a book signing -- hey! let me know! I'm friendly. Drop me a line at jenmiller27 [at] gmail [dot] com. Also, if you're buying a lot of books and want them signed (realtors, they make great closing gifts and Cape May brides, they're perfect in welcome bags) we can try to arrange that, too -- and I can get you a discount when buying in bulk.

Digg this

No comments: