Wednesday, May 11, 2011

DMB Caravan Update: The Truth about One Day Passes

"Only 3-day GA and 3-day VIP Packages will be offered for the Caravan festivals."

This is from an email forwarded to me by reader Jon. In April, Jon contacted Music Today, which is an entity of Live Nation, about passes to the three-day DMB Caravan tour coming to Atlantic City in June. He asked if single day passes would be available. The response is above.

I presented Jon's emails to the concert organizer, but they have not answered my request for a statement.

Jon, smart guy that he is, contacted Michael Rapino, Livenation CEO directly. Rapino's response: "I dont know the details but in many cases the event intends to sell only 3 day passes and if they don't sell out they then go to 1 day passes. As the ticket seller we are not brought in the loop until they make those decisions."

So guess what folks: we were right. They planned to sell one day passes if three day passes didn't sell well, despite the insistence otherwise.

Jon has gotten a partial refund, though he's working on getting a full one, and I can't blame him.

I don't like being harsh on an event that will bring a lot of people to Atlantic City. But I never liked the way this was presented, and I had a feeling that a lot of people would feel duped if they bought a three day pass only later to find out that one day passes could be purchased (those go on sale Friday, by the way).

Thanks to reader Jon for sharing his experience.

Digg this

No comments: