Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jersey Shore Fact of the Day 27: The Great Cape May Foot Race is on Saturday

The 32nd annual Great Cape May Foot Race will be held in Cape May (of course) this Saturday. I'll be running the 10k, though there is also a 5k run/walk option.

I've never run this race. I've seen it. I even went into packet pick up and considered running. But I didn't have my running shoes, and I'd been up way too late the night before celebrating my father's wedding with my new step siblings, a celebration that may or may not have involved shots in the Brown Room. I do remember they had great weather that year. I bought a $5 bikini and enjoyed the sun at the Congress Hall pool all that Saturday instead.

Anyway.

The race starts at Beach and Stockton Streets, which is the location of the Beach Theatre, and from what I remember in 2008, packet pickup was inside the lobby. As of a ruling handed down last week, the Beach Theatre is going to be demolished.

This has been a long, drawn out battle for the Beach Theatre, and who knows if this is the last chapter. I wrote about it in 2008 for Preservation Magazine. The opening scene of the story? The Great Cape May Foot Race packet pickup.

I will have a few updates on the DMB Caravan single day pass vs. three day pass issue. Someone did reach out to me with an email sent to him from Live Nation saying that one day passes would never be made available. I'm checking in with the concert organizers to get a statement before moving ahead with a new blog post.

Digg this

No comments: